Wednesday, August 12, 2009

New Job!

When I got off the boat last Wednesday night, I had a voicemail from the guy I interviewed with at Deseret Book Headquarters offering me a job. I had interviewed the week before and hadn't heard back for about a week. When I went on the SCUBA trip I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work out.

I quit my last job on May 1st and things were getting a little scary. I've been looking for a second job since that time, but nothing was coming of it. Thank goodness I still had my job at the LDS Church Headquarters, but since it's only part time and they only give you a 1000 hours a year, my time was running out quickly.

I started work this Monday. My official title is: "Office Services Clerk." Basically all this means, is that I'm in charge of the mail room, keeping office supplies stocked, and help setup conference rooms. A simple, non-glamorous job. I love it! (They did find out I had a BS degree in Digital Media and I think they will give me more technical jobs to do, which should mean more money).

Everybody is so nice and I can't help but feel so very blessed. I have the best 2 jobs in the world and I work with some of the coolest people.

Since the Deseret Book Headquarters happens to be right across the street from Temple Square and so close to the Church Office Building it works out perfectly. In the mornings I work at DB, and in the afternoons, I walk over to the COB. It's perfect. :)

2 comments:

Megs said...

congrats on your job! I'm glad that it worked out and that you are enjoying this job!

Kyle and EvaLyn said...

I just think that is so great. You have been very blessed. We are so happy for you.