Friday, July 9, 2010

Southern Food


I just wanted to mention some of the yummy food we had while on our trip. This will just give you a taste of all the wonderful, southern food we had. This is more of the store bought stuff, because I was too busy eating the homemade stuff to take pictures.


This is what I like to refer to as "Happy Juice." Sundrop and Cheerwine are soft drinks that you can't find out West and oh how I miss them.

We both love breakfast food, so when we found an IHOP, we were pretty excited. Especially since on several occasions the places we were staying at didn't seem to have restaurant near by and we had kind of hard time finding food.

Another southern favorite would be "hot dogs all the way." Basically it's your basic hot dog, chopped onions, chili, and coleslaw on top. Sounds a bit strange, but oh is it tasty! Here's some chili sauce that is meant for that very thing.

We stopped and ate at a cafeteria type place and was able to get a smalls sampling of all things southern. We've got hush puppies, coleslaw, collard greens, candied yams, peach pie, and green beans soaked in butter. For whatever reason they didn't have any banana pudding so we had to go find that elsewhere.

I wish we could have stayed in town a bit longer when we saw this. They just don't have proper Pig Pickin's out west.


This doesn't really have anything to do with food, but it is a common site.



This was an awesome trip and one that I'm so glad that I made. I definitely don't want to wait another 6 years before going back. Thanks everybody!

No comments: