Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas 2010 - continued


One of my goals for the year 2010 was to finish a photo book that I had started for my Europe trip last November. I wanted to make one not only for me, but also for my travel buddy. Christmas seemed like a prime time to shoot for getting it done. Plus, there's always good deals going around Christmas time.

So guess what? I totally finished it, ordered it, and had it shipped before Christmas! :) Boy was I pleased with myself. And you know what? It turned out alright too. :)

The book was only part of the Christmas gift to my travel buddy though. While we were in Hungary we saw these cool Christmas crafts at the Christmas markets in Budapest.

I took quite a few pictures of them and we had talked about making them at some point when we got home. Well...that had been over a year ago and we had done little more than talk about it. So...I decided to get the stuff and then have her over one night so that we could make them together.

I made this little handmade coupon to go along with the travel book.

Since we are both not crafty people, this was a bit of an adventure. But...with lots of research, trial and error, and hunting down an all-knowing person at the craft store, I was able to figure out what we needed to do to make these things.


We both were pleasantly surprised and pleased that they turned out as well as they did. I know Christmas is over, but you know what... I seriously don't care. :) They smell good, they look pretty, and there are lot of good memories tied to it.

No comments: