Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Goodies - Part 2

Work Gifts.
I needed something for the awesome people that I work with.
This year, I decided to do something around the theme of "warmth."
Perhaps it's because I live in a basement apartment and it seems to be a constant 62 degrees right now and I'm always freezing.

Anyway here's what I did. They got a little snack baggy of pure goodness that some people like to call, "Russian Refresher." You add a couple spoonfuls of this to a mug of hot water and it's Christmas to your soul any time of the year.
To go along with the warmth topic, I also included a package of hand warmers that will keep your little mitts warm for up to 8 hours. You can put them in your gloves or pockets and make it so your little fingers don't fall off in those cold situations.

I attached a cheesy little note that said something like,
"Hope you have a WARM and wonderful Christmas!"
They'll love it! :)

Russian Refresher recipe:
2 c. Tang
1 1/3 c. Sugar
1 pk (3 oz) Lemonade Mix* (6 Tablespoons if you got the big container like I did)
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon

* Lemonade Mix should be pre-sweetened powder mix. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well. Put in a 1-quart container. Label as Russian Refresher Mix and store in a cool, dry place. Use within 6 months. Makes about 3 1/2 Cups of mix.

RUSSIAN REFRESHER: Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of RUSSIAN REFRESHER MIX to 1 cup hot water. Stir to dissolve. Makes 1 serving.

(Recipe from "Make-A-Mix Cookery" by Karine Eliason, Nevada Harward & Madeline Westover and found here.)

No comments: