Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas Goodies - Part 1


At work we have a treat table where we can volunteer to bring in goodies during the month of December. I love this time of year for so many reasons, but this is one of them.

I made Burnt Sugar Almonds. If you're not sure you know what I'm talking about, think of the warm, toasted nuts you usually find at hockey games. I stumbled across the recipe on the Pioneer Woman's blog. Here's step by step instructions.

I also brought in one of my family's favorites, Cream Saver Candy Bark. It's similar to peppermint bark, but we use Strawberry Cream Savers instead of the peppermint candies.
If you ask me, it's so much better. :)

It's super easy. All you need is are 2 packages of strawberry cream savers (you can also use 1 package of lemon drops) that you've crushed and a package of white chocolate bark coating.

Melt the white chocolate.
It's probably best to use a broiler, but since I don't own one, I improvised. I used a glass bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Works just as well.

Once the white chocolate is almost melted, remove from heat and stir so the last bits of chocolate melt. Once everything is melted, throw in the crushed cream savers and stir.

You don't want the cream savers to melt, so just stir until everything's good and incorporated.

Pour the white chocolate cream saver goodness into a sheet cake pan that has been lined with wax paper. The wax paper makes for easy clean up. Spread it out evenly and then let it set up. It takes about 20 minutes. If you want things to set up even faster, refrigerate them and it cuts the time to about half.

Once it's set up, break into pieces and enjoy!

It was a huge hit at work.
I think most people would agree...the strawberry cream savers totally beat the peppermint candies.

No comments: