Friday, December 3, 2010

Deck the Halls!!


So last night I went to ShopKo to get me a wreath. I had one for Fall, but I needed one for the new season that is now upon us. ShopKo was having this huge sale and I was feeling impulsive, so.......needless to say I bought more than just a wreath. I was fulfilling a need to desk my halls. :)

The wreath you see above, is the one I did buy. It was 60% off which was fabulous! I also bought my very first Christmas tree. Boy, do I feel like a genuine adult now! It's nothing fancy. It's a 4.5 foot pre-lit, fake tree. I was going to go with a real one, but this one was also 60% off and staring me in the face and I caved...

I got home and went to town setting up my tree, hanging up my wreath, and putting lights up. I had the Christmas tunes going, some hot tea, and just having a grand time. I then had the tree all set up, fluffed, and ready to go. After plugging it in, I noticed something wasn't quite right. Not all of the lights lit up. Actually...only about 3/4 of the lights lit up. The top 1/4 of the tree was dark... Totally popped my festive, Christmas bubble!

Ahh well... at least I hadn't decorated it just yet. I'll take it back and all will be well. Maybe I'll get a real one instead this time. I hear that RiteAid sells beautiful, full trees for excellent prices.
But you know... at least I got my wreath. ;)

No comments: